Sunday, July 13, 2008

Roast Pork Fillet with Creamy Mustard Sauce

Too busy enjoying my early birthday pressie to shop, so another quick grab from the freezer, thawed a pork fillet while the Darling was teaching me the odd thing or two (or ten) about download, uploads or even side loads, boy am I confused.........
Yep you guessed, clever you, I got a new computer, my old one had 40 thingies and this one has 360 thingies, so it is expected that there will be no more screaming conniptions about lack of storage space or operating space, or whatever.
Now I know you will find this hard to believe, but somehow or other between retrieving the recipe and then activating the net, I have actually lost the recipe for this dish, so this is what I did, not an actual recipe.

Mustard Crumb Coating
1 45grm egg, whisked with
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard

Process together in mini food processor
1 1/2 slices white bread,
1 large sprig curly parsley
1 small clove garlic
salt & Pepper

Trim the pork fillet from all sinew and fat, cut into 2 serving portions, coat each portion with egg-mustard mix, then coat with the crumb mix.
Place in oiled baking dish and bake for 30 mins.

Creamy Mustard Sauce
1 tiny onion, finely chopped,
1 teaspoon oil
1 Dessertspoon Sherry Vinegar or White Wine Vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
2 Tablespoons Light Sour Cream

Soften onion in oil over medium heat, add Sherry Vinegar and simmer until reduced a little, add Mustard and Sour cream, stir over heat until combined. Serve over Pork Fillet.

I served the pork with roasted Vegies at the Darlings request, but as a little extra for Moi, (like I need any extra) I did a cauliflower crisp dish which is just little cauli flowerettes, a teaspoon of each oil and butter, 1 tablespoon fresh breadcrumbs and a pinch of finely chopped parsley, salt and peper, Mix all together in a hot pan, then into a small gratinee or other dish, pop it into the oven with Pork and Vegetables for 15 mins. Crispy and nicely flavoured.

No comments: