Saturday, February 28, 2009

Tiny taters and tiny mignons


In an effort to get some interest back into my cooking I am making an effort to post each meal here. It doesn't have to be a masterpiece, it doesn't have to be a complicated, or even easy, recipe from one of the many books I own, it just has to be tasty and well prepared.

Thursday night was a disaster, blessed peas burnt .......again.......I really don't like dried peas........I burn them all the time, problem with that is that anything I have in the steamer above the peas is also wiped out, as was the case on Thursday.

I then threw a real spit fit, chucked a whole bunch of stuff that I cannot remember along with a can of tomatoes into a pot, slammed a pot on for pasta and had a new dish on the table in 25 mins, the Darling claimed it was tasty, I was still so ticked off I couldn't tell you if it was or not. He was probably just happy to get fed ;)

So this is what we had for dinner last night.
little fillet Mignon's, tiny red skinned jacket potatoes, done in the microwave with a cream cheese, butter and herb topping and a Greek salad, sans the cucumber as the Darling loathes cucumber.

The topping for the potatoes was easily done in the mini processor,

stripped the leaves from a 6inch length of oregano,
6 basil leaves
1 tablespoon cream cheese
2 teaspoons butter
whizz it around, stopping once to push the butter back down to the blades, and presto, yummy topping and not so bad for the cholesterol.

No comments: