Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Lovely Lamb Cutlets, Garlic Mash & assorted vegies.


An interesting article in this mornings paper about Lamb Cutlets being $50.00 a kilo, when I saw some at my butchers for a mere $31.95 I felt I had to just snap up some of that bargain, they were absolutely delicious, pan fried them with a side dish of yellow button squash, red and green capsicum and mushrooms, the vegies soaked up the pan juices from the lamb, yum, I served them with Garlic mashed potatoes, steamed beans and brocolli and of course for the Darling some of his favourite peas, not featured on my plate. Topped those beautiful little cutlets off with a Donna Hay inspired dressing.
I took a small handful of fresh mint leaves, picked over and washed, popped them into the mini blender, added 3/4 dessertspoon of dijon mustard, and a dessertspoon of honey, whizzed it all together, very simple and very fresh, a lovely sweet, minty flavour.
As I have spent all today designing a shaped tea-cozy (I think I have got it worked out now) and to help the budget recover from the lamb, dinner tonight will something more everyday.

No comments: