Monday, April 28, 2008

Monday Lunch and Great Dinner

Visited Merlot's for lunch, they do very fresh, homemade cafe style meals, Son had the All-Day Big Breakfast, needed lots of protein after a morning in the Gym, Darling went for the Beef Burger and I had a steak sandwich. Lots of leafy green stuff, tomato, beetroot and a slice of very tender rump steak of a good thickness. The Big Breakfast had a couple of very nice pork sausages, along with the bacon, eggs, tomato and salad.
While waiting for the food to be delivered a call came from the support team with an invite to a curry dinner.
O.M.G. What a Feast.........When we arrived, Son was in charge in the kitchen and D.I.L was offsider, they work well together.
There were 2 different rice accompaniments
a Duck and Vegetable Curry
a Chicken and Pineapple Curry

This was my serving, my first serving, went back a couple of times, o.k. o.k. more than a couple of times,


And then for Dessert an apple pie that was just too yum, made with fresh sliced apples, and sweet shortcrust pastry.
I had 2 helpings, both with whipped cream.........well tomorrow I'll be really good, lettuce for breakfast and lettuce for lunch........ahhhh so!, so! worth it.

and the icing on the cake, while reading a bedtime story, a joint effort with the eldest coaching the littlest, I got a pressie, a new key ring, I will use it with pride, thank you support team for a wonderful evening.

No comments: