Thursday, April 24, 2008

Spaghetti and Meatballs in Tomato Sauce

........a favourite from so long ago, have been making this dish for nigh on 30 years,(my god that is so scary) in fact this is the original cookbook,
and of course the favourite recipe page.

As Sons left home and ventured out into the world of "what's to eat" they all at some time or another had a "loan" of this book, so all the splashes on Page 28 are not all my splashes.
About 10 years ago there were quite a few copies in the secondhand bookshops and I got a few spare copies.

This is the final dish, although on reading the original recipe I realise that I have changed it a little over the years, using less fat and oils, leaner mean, fresh herbs etc, but it is still a really great dish, even if as in tonights case, the cheese is pre-grated from a packet.

No comments: